Skip to content
- 60g salted butter
- 30g all-purpose gluten free flour
- 350g milk
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 40g parmesan, finely grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan gently melt the butter, once melted add the flour. Stir and cook flour butter mixture for 1-2 minutes being careful not to burn the butter.
- Add ½ the milk while stirring with a whisk. Once combined with no lumps add the remaining milk. Continue to cook and whisk until the sauce thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Normally 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add nutmeg, parmesan and salt and pepper to taste. Continue to mix until cheese is melted.
- Use to top a lasagne or add to your favourite pasta — enjoy!